Friday, September 27, 2013

31 Days of Home Economics

Welcome to my first 31 Days series! More may be added in the future, but this year I'm posting every day for the 31 days in October 2013 on Home Economics. I'm linking up with The Nester for this 31 Days Series. {Link here.}You can view all of the topics and see what everyone else is blogging about in October. There will be hundreds of bloggers joining in!
 
Home Economics isn't just about cooking and sewing. Wikipedia defines it as

"a field of formal study including such topics as consumer education, institutional management, interior design, home furnishing, cleaning, handicrafts, sewing, clothing and textiles, commercial cooking, cooking, nutrition, food preservation, hygiene, child development, managing money, and family relationships. This teaches students how to properly run a family environment and make the world a better place for generations to come."

There will be a host of topics covered here which will all be very practical. I have a B.S. degree in Home Economics and spent four years studying it, so posting for 31 days should be pretty fun with a broad range of interesting and helpful ideas and resources! I'm no expert on any of these topics and I know you'll discover that I may do things a little different than you. Will you join in the comments and share your ideas and ways of doing the different things so that we can all learn from each other? I look forward to hearing from you!!
 
Each day beginning October 1st a new link will be added to this page. You can also find the page at the top of this blog titled {Home Economics}.
Ways to follow me on this journey: Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, subscribe by email in the sidebar, subscribe to my feed in the sidebar, add me to your home screen of your mobile device here,
 
Will you do me a favor and share this series with your friends? The more the merrier, in my humble opinion!
I hope you'll join me here every day in October! I'm excited to share this journey with you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
post signature


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it. Pinning. I found your link at twelveOeight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked through your fun series backward. ;-) I found your link via the Nester's 31 Day writing project. I'm excited to find a fellow graduate in Home Economics, who also loves to sew. My degree was from 1983, so I'm surprised to find someone much younger with the same degree, since most schools either eliminated the program or gave it a more forward-thinking or politically correct title. ;-) I am following you on Facebook and subscribed by email so I don't miss future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to 'meet' a fellow Home Ec'er! My degree is from 98 and Home Ec was being replaced about that time. Unfortunately, my college no longer offers the program. It's sad that so many are getting rid of it! So glad you stopped by! I just checked out your blog! Can't wait to read more! I love your house on that pic in the sidebar!

      Delete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!