Thursday, December 5, 2013

Did Somebody Say Party?? OREO Cookie Balls {Recipe}

This recipe comes from my food allergy blog, Living the Allergic Life. It's one I developed into a dairy-free, nut-free, and egg-free version for my daughter to enjoy, but it would be just as delicious using milk based products instead. Give it a try! These are so easy and yummy, you won't be able to stand it!!

Let me introduce you to Milk's favorite cookie ball! Yes, it is made with OREOs. {I used Whole Foods brand because I was there and didn't want to make another stop just to get OREO brand, but OREO brand is still free of dairy, nuts and eggs.} I have sent these to school as a class treat and make them during the holidays for a special treat. Always delicious!

You'll want to have these things on hand:
  • OREOs
  • 8 oz. Cream Cheese {I used dairy-free}
  • 1 bag chocolate chips, any flavor {I used vegan}
  • Candy Sprinkles



Then, you'll want to freeze these cookie balls for about 10 minutes. While they are setting up, melt your vegan chocolate chips {for every 6 oz of chips, add 1T shortening - this will aid in the dipping process} in a microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir, then continue heating/stirring every 15 seconds until completely melted and liquid. Dip the cookie balls in the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with fun sprinkles. Once done, put them back in the fridge for about 1 hour.

What's one of your favorite snacks to make for the holidays? If you have a blog post about it, link yours in the comments. I'd love to see what you make!

Like this post? Will you please share it with your friends on your social media? You can also follow me on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter. Click the social media icon of your choice in the right sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by! Sharing this with a few of these friends.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!