Monday, December 30, 2013

How to Arm Knit a Scarf

{Pic in cover photo from Lion Brand Free Wallpaper Backgrounds - check out their great free desktop wallpaper selection here.}

If you read my sister's blog, this might sound familiar. I recently learned how to arm knit and if you like quick and easy results, you will want to do this, too!

At Thanksgiving, my mom and I learned how to arm knit and we had a ball. Once you start, it's hard to stop making them....until you realize you have nowhere else to store all of these scarves. Then, you'll want to give them to all your friends.
{I used size 6 Super Bulky for this scarf}
So, at my sister's house for Christmas, I taught her and my niece how to arm knit a scarf. By the time we were done, my niece had gotten an order to make one for a friend! The first time will take you some extra time just to understand how to do it, but after that it's only about 30 minutes of your time.
{My sister, on the left, used size 5 for her scarf. Abby, on the right, used size 6 super bulky.}
Don't plan on doing anything else after you start a scarf, though. You have to finish it before you can take it off your arms or it will unravel. So, go get yourself some yarn. Put your feet up and watch this tutorial. You'll be done in no time!

You will need to use 2 skeins of yarn for each scarf. Size 5 or 6 works best.

Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait for you to try this!!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Already have the yarn to do another! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this tutorial. I am going to try this to see if I can make one for my daughter's birthday. I am so excited to learn this. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're going to try! Hope yours turns out well! These are so fun to make!

      Delete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!