Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Fun $2 Project + a Money-Saving Tip

I'm about to give you a great tip that will save you money and hopefully inspire you to create something! It's the first thing I do everytime I visit a fabric store and I'm never disappointed. Here it is:

Always visit the clearance bin in the fabric department for discounted fabric remnants.

It's no secret that I am a big fan of the chevron print. And yes, I know they say chevron is on its way out, but I don't know who 'they' are and I'm pretty sure 'they' didn't ask me how I feel about it. However, I still like it and it will always be cute on girls clothes (and my living room curtains).
I also happen to be a fan of the aqua/turquoise/teal family. So, when I found this 1/2 yard of aqua/white chevron cotton fabric for $2, I quickly did the math in my head and knew this would make a cute skirt for my 10 yr old - without having to even make a cut. Win, win - people. It doesn't get much better than that.
I got home and got to work. Don't know how to make an elastic waist skirt? Check out this tutorial for all the juicy details.
My big girl loves her skirt and can't wait to wear it!

Do you shop the clearance bin?? Have you found any great fabrics for those quick and easy project ideas? I found more today and can't wait to show you what I make with those! Stay tuned....
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!