Monday, May 12, 2014

Sewing Up Some Creativity this Summer...

With all the activities the end of the school year brings, I start finding myself needing a little inspiration to create things. And about this time of year, I like to get started on my summer bucket list.

I've been searching the web for some ideas for sewing up some summer creativity and thought I'd share them with you in case you're needing a little creative pick-me-up, too.
What do you do with your earbuds when they are not in use? I sometimes keep mine in a ziplock baggie, but most of the time, I find them bunched up in a wod. And who wants to take time to untangle that mess? This little earbud case would be a great project to make with your kids if they have their own set of earbuds in a wod. And I love that it's attached to a key ring. Click the link for a step by step in pictures. *This is the only link I could find to this project - it does not state who the true owner of this pic is.*

I'm getting ready to re-do my girls' rooms {finally!} and although two of my daughters share a room, they have very different likes and personalities. So, I'm trying to make their room look nice and simple and uniform while adding their own flair to each side of the room. A little tricky, but so fun. This pillow would be something my 8 year old would love. She's a cat lover and it would be so easy to make a pillow similar to this for her bed in colors that follow the theme of their room. If you like this pillow, you can buy the kit for it here. Check out the link for lots of neat kits for creativity.

With all the fun outdoor summer activities coming up, we always need our first aid kit nearby! We have a big one in our car, but it's a very good idea to have one in your purse or backpack or diaper bag or whatever if you're out and not near your car. We love hiking, canoeing, etc and usually have a first aid kit handy, but I think I could use one for my own bag on other occasions. This one looks like an easy one to make yourself and you can tweak it to carry the items you want. Go check it out! And while you're at it see all the other fun things Positively Splendid has on their website! You'll love it.

Where do you get your inspiration? What will you be working on this summer?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!