Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Secret for Staying Healthy During Flu Season....


A couple of years ago, I caught the flu. Influenza Type B to be exact. My daughter caught it first and she was pitiful. I had never had the flu in my life, but because I'd heard about it going around and knew what the symptoms were, I had a sneaky suspicion that's what she had. So, off to the doctor we went and sure enough...flu. I knew it was a matter of days before the next one of us was knocked off our feet with the flu and wouldn't ya know it, I was the lucky recipient. A friend found out and within just an hour, she came knocking on my door with a Starbucks coffee in one hand and unbeknownst to me, a real life saver in the other. She gave me a roller bottle with something in it that she called the 'Flu Bomb' and a spray bottle of something, as well. I knew she was really into essential oils, but had never tried them myself. However, rolling those oils on my wrists and bottoms of my feet daily (as well as, repeating that on my family members) lessened the impact the flu had on me. It was just a few days until I had gotten over the flu. And no one else in the family caught it after that. Thus began my interest and belief in the effectiveness of essential oils. Have you ever tried them?

I began learning about essential oils and started using different ones that I'd heard about. Luckily, I had a friend that sold them and told me several oils to try that had worked for her. Recently, I became a consultant for doTerra so that I could buy my own oils for a discount since I no longer live near my friend. I want to encourage you to try the oils for yourself, and if you'd like more info on how to enroll with doTerra to get yourself a discount on products you love and use, contact me through my website www.mydoterra.com/AmyMcCombie or through this blog and I will respond quickly to you.
One of my favorite oil blends I use right now is On Guard. It is formulated to support healthy immune function. It's made of wild orange oil, cinnamon, clove and rosemary and blended perfectly to help fight off viruses and bacteria. You can dilute it in a roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil (or any vegetable oil) to apply topically. Another GREAT way to use this is to dilute it in a spray bottle and clean your countertops of germs and bacteria. It's so effective!

I've gotten my family on board with these oils, too! I made them roller bottles of On Guard (mixed with others) for the Flu Bomb. And some others that I'll post about another time.

Because oils are absorbed into the skin rather quickly and effectively, only therapeutic-grade essential oils should be used. doTerra oils are natural and very effective and pure, but essential oils should allows be used safely and carefully. Read about that here.

Getting started using oils is pretty simple and you will be amazed at the results. If you don't know where to start, On Guard is the perfect one to start with this time of year. (Found under Oil Blends)

Another place to start is to try out the Introductory Kit (under Product Packages). It includes the three most commonly used oils Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint. You can get that kit for just $26.67  It comes with suggested uses for each oil.

  • Lavender - I use for sleeping, calming, and for minor burns. I put this on my husband at night and he rubs it around his sinuses and nose. He swears it opens up his sinuses and helps him breath better at night. It also smells wonderful!
  • Lemon - I put one drop of lemon in my water first thing in the morning. It has many benefits. Read this article about that. Lemon can also be used for making homemade cleaners, among many other uses.
  • Peppermint - GREAT for headaches. Mix all three of these together in a roller bottle with a carrier oil and rub it on the temples/forehead for headache relief. You can also buy peppermint in beadlet form which I highly recommend. Great for the breath, for a burst of energy, for upset stomach. My favorite blend is mixing peppermint with lavender, lemon, rosemary for immediate relief of upset stomach and stomach cramps. Tried and True. Just trust me on this. I carry it in my purse and it has never let me down.
Are you ready to try it yet? www.mydoterra.com/AmyMcCombie


Here's to a healthier New Year!
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!