Saturday, March 24, 2012

Recycled Sundress

Yesterday I was getting ready for a long, hot day at the zoo and realized I had nothing cool to wear. Since it is only March and the temps have been unseasonably warm, my wardrobe wasn't prepared for that. So, I started looking through my closet and saw a knit sundress that I had worn last year. Somewhere between then and now, it had shrunk and was a little too short for me to be comfortable wearing. BUT I noticed it had a built-in waistband. I decided on the spot that I could cut the top off of the dress and make myself a nice, cool skirt out of it and I did. It took me all of 2 minutes to cut that top off and the skirt is the perfect length! Now I'm digging through my closet trying to decide the fate of each and every piece I have in there! Nothing is exempt. So, stay tuned for more recycled pieces coming soon! What's in YOUR closet that needs a makeover??


I'm linking to some of these parties!

4 comments:

  1. GREAT IDEA! That turned out really cute! When MY clothes shrink they shrink so bad I can't even get them on...oh...wait..maybe it is ME getting BIGGER!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that too with a shirt (turned it into a skirt)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea- I just found you through Tatertots and Jello. I also have a daughter with allergies to eggs so I am always looking for recipe ideas. I am your newest follower. I just started blogging this month. We like to do a lot of refashions too. There will be more to come-check us out at 2ndstorysewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did this on several new cheap dresses I found last year as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!