Friday, August 9, 2013

Currently Reading {in my spare time}

Reading is one of my favorite things to do in my spare time. Lately, though, there hasn't been much spare time, but that doesn't stop the books from piling up on my nightstand. I've got several in my Kindle, too, that need to be caught up on. This is what's on my nightstand right now...


Jesus Calling by Sarah Young is a daily devotional filled with short messages from God to you based on biblical principles. It has a devotional for each day of the year.

The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian is one of my favorite books. It's full of subjects to pray for your husband. The thing I love is that the author uses Bible verses to help you pray specifically for your husband. I believe God loves to hear us pray His word back to Him and He will always answer prayers according to His perfect will. I've seen God work in great ways as a direct result of prayer. I have read this book many times and use it often to help me better pray for my wonderful husband.

Heaven by Randy Alcorn is such an interesting book and one that I've been trying to read for awhile now. It's the kind of book that is so full of information that I need to take it slowly. It makes me very excited to read about all of the wonderful things that await me in Heaven. I have so many loved ones there that I can't wait to be reunited with and it is awesome to try to envision the things they are seeing and experiencing there. I know I'll be there the moment I die and just reading about Heaven brings so much hope and anticipation. I want to know all that I can about the place God is preparing for me even though we could not possibly know all there is to know about it with our limited understanding. I highly recommend this book!

And I'm hoping to finally read the June/July issue of Family Fun magazine. They have such fun ideas and even coupons in every issue.

What's on your reading list?

Thanks for stopping by!







2 comments:

  1. Those are ALL really good books! Good for you- I need to make more time to read! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats on my nightstand to. love jesus calling

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!