Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Vacation {Boston, part 2}

There is so much to do in Boston that I cannot possibly post it all in two blog posts, but here's a small glimpse into our 2nd day in Boston. It's such a fun city to explore with something for everyone. I love how much American history is there and how family friendly it is. It's definitely a city I recommend either as a vacation spot, a long weekend or even a day trip. Go visit!
Our second day was a full day. We started it by visiting the U.S.S. Constitution as I posted here. Then, we headed over to Old North Church on the Freedom Trail. We had 5 kids with us and really didn't have time to walk the entire Freedom Trail, but if you have more than one day in Boston, I highly recommend you walk the Freedom Trail. Here's a view of it.
We decided to hit a few of the highlights by walking some and then taking the T to others. I walked the whole trail years ago and it's really fun and informational.



The midnight ride of Paul Revere has always intrigued me, so walking the route that he took on his midnight ride was pretty cool. My daughter thought it was awesome. There's just so much history there!
Be sure to take a walk through Little Italy while you're downtown. It's really cute with pretty store fronts and a wonderful aroma! You'll love walking through.



The Boston Common is like the Central Park of NYC. I love it. There's a great walking path, many benches, fountains and you can sit and relax or people watch. You have to ride the Swan Boats ($3) while you're there and experience that fun. Visit the Make Way for Ducklings statues and pick up a copy of the book while you're at it. I could have spent a couple of hours in the Boston Common.
We had a fabulous time in Boston! Next time, we'll plan to spend a little more time. There's so much more to see and do.

I'm sharing this with some of these friends.

Thanks for stopping by!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!