Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Diaper Clutch {Tutorial}

I don't have babies in my house anymore, but I have lots of friends who do. I decided to make something baby-related because it's Spring and lots of baby showers happen in the Spring. It's been awhile since I did a baby-related post so here you go! This diaper clutch is very practical for throwing in the diaper bag or car to keep a few diapers and the travel wipes in. Just grab it and go when you don't need the whole entire diaper bag. This is perfect for the quick trips into the store or for keeping in the car or stroller for those unexpected diaper changes! I decided to make this one to match the tote bag/diaper bag I made here. {And you may see these in my etsy shop real soon.}
First, take your chosen fabric {I used leftover dropcloth from these projects} and measure one piece - 20" long x 8" wide.
Now, fold fabric longways with right sides together. So, you'll have a folded piece that is 10" long x 8" wide.
Pin sides together. Sew or serge the sides.
Turn right-side-out.
Follow directions below.
Make the strap by taking a 2.5" wide strip of fabric, folding it in half. Iron. Then, fold rough edges under 1/4" and iron. Finally, sew a straight seam down the open edge. Strap is done. Sew it as pictured above.


 You can find the freezer paper method here.



I'm sharing this with a few of these parties!

2 comments:

  1. Totally cute with the tote bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Amy, and make something very similar. They are so easy to grab and go without taking a whole huge diaper bag if you are just running a quick errand. Nice tutorial- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!