Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Style & a Project on my To-Do List

I've recently come to the realization that tutus aren't just for little girls and ballerinas anymore. My youngest daughter has several tutu skirts and wants to wear them at all times. She loves things that sparkle and twirl and blue jeans do not fall into either of those categories according to her. In fact, she won't be seen wearing any pants without a whole bunch of bribing and begging on my part. I, however, love a good pair of blue jeans, but I'm also keen on putting away the casual and donning the sparkly and twirly, too.
I recently found this tutorial on Pinterest by Cotton + Curls for how to make a big girl (lady's) tutu skirt and I am just dying to make one. It's on my project to-do list! Maybe I'll make one for Easter!
Here's a style board I made with my favorite {for now} classy and elegant look. Sparkly tutu skirt with a classic cowl neck short sleeve shirt and coordinating cardigan. Nude heels and gold accessories just add to the elegance. But notice the beautiful Brilliant Earth studs and diamond ring! They really finish off this gorgeous look without going overboard. Brilliant Earth prides themselves on ethically sourced diamonds and engagement rings. Go check out their fine selection here. They have styles that match any personality! You can even create your own!

What's on your project to-do list?
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh- I love tutus on girls big and little. Not only are they fun and romantic but they just speak of a soft gentle nature to me. Love your inspiration photo! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!