Monday, March 5, 2012

Bow Ties for Baby & Toddler {Tutorial}

I belong to a Sunday School class that is full of women having babies. And it seems like most of the babies that have been born are boys. So, this mom of 3 girls had to get creative. I'm full of ideas for little girls, but boys?? I'm really having to think hard. It's been fun, though. I came up with this idea the other day and couldn't believe how easy it was to make these cute little bow ties complete with elastic so that it stays on easily hidden under a collared shirt. And just in time for Easter!







**UPDATED WITH NEW MEASUREMENTS** - For bigger boys, use the measurements in the post above. For babies and young toddlers, try these >> 1 - 4"x6", 1 - 3.5"x5", 1 - 2"x2.5"

If you don't have time to make these yourself, but really want one for that little man in your life, these will posted in my etsy shop My3Chickadees tomorrow morning! Please stop by for a great deal!

I'm linking this up with some of these great parties!

14 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I'd love for you to share them at Mix it up Monday:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/mix-it-up-monday.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek, SO CUTE!!! I have a one year old boy and absolutely love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! My daughter wanted me to make hairbows for her friend's baby girls but we didn't know what to make for the boys...till now. Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial. I saw your post over at "Frugal Friday".

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are uber-cute! I know it says they're for toddlers, but I think my 4 and almost-6-year-old might need one (or two) each. : )

    And I would LOVE IT if you'd share this at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL going on right now!

    http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/03/feature-friday-free-for-all-10-my.html

    Hope to see you soon!

    P.S. I'm a new follower. : )

    ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute. I might even be able to manage them with my limited sewing skills. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little bowties - perfect for the springtime!
    -Jackie @ Baby Ties

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made a navy one for my little guy! So cute--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just used this tutorial to make up some bow ties for an upcoming party. Thanks so much for posting it. I loved how easy it was!
    Best Alaska Fishing Information

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post.

    Pink Plaid Bow-tie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this share,.It's perfect,.
    thanks,
    " Boy bow tie"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I’m having a boy, so I really appreciate this :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Zia
    You won't believe this Atlantic Highlands NJ house cleaning site info

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away.
    bow ties for sale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Find great deals on Men's Navy Skinny Tie at Aussie Ties today! Here we have an amazing piece that can be added to your collection today.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!