Monday, March 24, 2014

Fat Quarter Projects: The Bow Tie

This is the second post in a new series (that I'll post about randomly - which means whenever my fat quarter stash gets too big and I am overcome with 'What shall I do with all this cute fabric????') that I'm calling Fat Quarter Projects. In the first one, I showed you how to make several baby items with just ONE fat quarter! Go check it out if you missed it.

You'll be surprised at all the many things you can make with just one fat quarter. It's really amazing and brings out your creativity. I hate to waste fabric and I'm trying to only keep the fabrics on hand that I really love and have a plan for. Although I totally know I will occasionally buy more fabric just because it's cute even though I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. It's just a habit I cannot break.

Anyway, today's post is about another GREAT fat quarter project and it literally takes 15-20 minutes to make. It's the bow tie. I did a complete tutorial on how to make baby and toddler bow ties way back when and it's one of my most clicked posts. All I know is that there must be hundreds of cute little boy babies out there all decked out in their bow ties! You'll want to make one, too. Trust me!
With just ONE fat quarter, you can make FOUR bow ties! These bow ties have the elastic neck perfect for babies and toddlers, but if you want to make bow ties for bigger boys with the real fabric strap you could make two bow ties and the straps to match.
Just open up your fat quarter. Iron it flat. Then, follow the tutorial above to make one of these! Bow ties are awesome because they don't take up a lot of fabric and you can use your fabric scraps to make these simple, but studly accessories for your little guy...or your big guy.

These would also make GREAT hairbows! They are just big enough for your little girls hair and can be hot glued onto an alligator clip or a head band for a perfect hair accessory!

Are you going to try it?

Thanks for stopping by!
post signature

1 comment:

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!