Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Individual Blackberry Cobblers {Dairy-Free Recipe}

As I mentioned in this post, we picked wild blackberries this past weekend. My girls have never had any kind of cobbler and because I had more berries than we would ever be able to eat before they went bad, I decided to make a cobbler. My second child cannot eat dairy because of a severe food allergy, so I substituted the milk for almond milk and the butter for Smart Balance Light. It turned out perfect!

I decided to try individual cobblers using a muffin tin instead of making one big pan and I believe I like this way much better. It isn't as mushy and seems to be just the perfect consistency. Absolutely delicious!

Here's how...
{slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman's recipe.}
 Wash about 2 cups blackberries.
Mix 1 cup self-rising flour + 1 cup sugar + 1 cup almond milk + 1 stick Smart Balance Light, melted. Grease muffin tin. Fill each tin 1/2 full with batter. Drop 5 blackberries into each tin. Bake @ 350 until brown and bubbly.
 

Sharing this with some of these friends.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!