Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Best Window Cleaning Tricks Around {or so they say!}


I love a good cleaning tip. As I sit here typing this, the sun is streaming through my window showing off big filmy streaks where I'd last cleaned them. From up close it isn't visible, but from where I sit it's ugly. Time to clean some windows so those vibrant Fall colors can be seen in all their glory. Dirty windows are probably my biggest pet peeve. I clean once a week at my church where there are tons of windows that inevitably get fingerprints - LOTS of them. The only problem is that even way up high where no one can reach without a 10-20 foot ladder, there is a dusty film. I have found some great ways to clean your windows without streaks.
  1. For crystal clear glass, use coffee filters to wipe down the windows instead of a paper towel or clean rags. {Source}
  2. Go here to find a natural recipe for No Streak Windows!
  3. And this list has several homemade glass cleaners on it that look easy and effective.
And THIS is the BEST Outdoor Window Cleaning Trick EVER. I've been looking for this forever. Windex once had a great outdoor window cleaning system that came with a long-handled wand. The disposable pads went on the wand with the cleaner on them. You just had to spray the windows with the water hose, then, scrub with the wand and rinse the windows off again. The windows would be sparkly clean. Then, I think they discontinued them because I've never been able to find them again. And then I found this recipe from Raining Hot Coupons and I'm so excited! Visit her to see her other window cleaning tips, as well!

How To Easily Clean Your Windows
Ingredients:
8 Cups Warm Water 1 Tablespoon Liquid Jet Dry 2-3 Tablespoons Laundry Detergent or Dish Soap
Instructions:
Mix all ingredients until well combined. Next rinse windows with hose or spray bottle to get off any dirt or dust. Brush solution onto the windows and doors making sure to cover all areas. Windows will now air dry, streak and dirt free. No need to dry off or wipe. You should be left with sparkling results!

Do you have window cleaning tips that you swear by? Do you make your own cleaners? Or do you buy a product that you can't live without?

This is part of my 31 Days of Home Economics series. You can find the whole series at the tab above {Home Economics}.

Thank you for coming over to visit today! I hope you'll come back soon.
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.
    Window Cleaning Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little tip. I think the homemade cleaners are the way to go, they can save you a bunch of money and of course your health!
    janitorialserviceseattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its an amazing blog i read it all through out great information i m very lucky too see thiswindow cleaning calgary

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!
    this is informative, thank you for sharing.
    We are a window cleaning services seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for providing such information with us.

    Storstädning Stockholm

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and love hearing from each of you!